It has been a long time away from the blog but with Grad School enrollment all sorted out, and positive teaching and programming jobs secured, we are ready to share our gluttonous and geeky journeys with you all!
Tonight, in preparation for a return back to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Orlando next weel, we were seriously craving BUTTER BEER!! Now, a few years ago during a visit to Universal (before the Hogwarts Express was mobile) Dolliah tried the FROZEN version which was amazing and we’ve been told was better than the non-frozen version. Check out the non-frozen recipe we used below. It’s amazing but the frozen IS actually better!
We found this FREE ‘The Three Broom Sticks Butter Beer’ Label from Pinterest.
The #1 rated recipe from Wizarding World Park:
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.
ENJOY! Let us know what you think. Have you visited the newest Version of Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter?